5 Things to Do Before You Sell
- Get estimates from a reliable repairperson on items that need to be replaced
soon, such as a roof or worn carpeting, for example. In this way, buyers will
have a better sense of how much these needed repairs will affect their costs.
- Have a termite inspection to prove to buyers that the property is not
- Get a pre-sale home inspection so you'll be able to make repairs before
buyers become concerned and cancel a contract.
- Gather together warranties and guarantees on the furnace, appliances, and
other items that will remain with the house.
- Fill out a disclosure form provided by your sales associate. Take the time
to be sure that you don't forget problems, however minor, that might create
liability for you after the sale.
Reprinted from REALTOR® Magazine Online
by permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.