5 Ways to Speed Up Your Sale
- Price it right. Set a price at the lower end of your property's realistic
- Get your house market-ready for at least two weeks before you begin showing
- Be flexible about showings. It's often disruptive to have a house ready to
show on the spur of the moment, but the more often someone can see your home,
the sooner you'll find a buyer.
- Be ready for the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you'll find
- Don't refuse to drop the price. If your home has been on the market for more
than 30 days without an offer, be prepared to lower your asking price.
Reprinted from REALTOR® Magazine Online
by permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.